Thursday, April 19, 2012

Journal page leads to other things....


Ahhh, yes.  I could do the required eyebrow waggle here, to indicate something naughty or luscious.  But the boring truth is, it just lead to more painting.  Which, in and of itself is not a bad thing, just not as titillating.  LOL.

So, I'm still playing with Teresa Mcfayden's Journal of Interest course.  And I'm jumping around a bit.  Her guest artist on there, the fabulous Pam Garrison, was one of the reasons I wanted to sign up for this class.  Love her.
Jouranl page by Pam Garrison, Guest Artist on Jouranl of Interest

Above is Pam's page, which you have no doubt seen on Pinterest, several times.    
My version ended up like this.  Not quite as open, but I was still happy with it.  And I could not find my dip pen, because I did want to do that, and I've got several around, but that's what it is to be UN-organized.  ugh.

So the page starts out like this, a mix of paper and water colored page (here, I used inks).  And then one begins to fill in the space with painted details replicating what is on the printed page.  I stupidly forgot to take a pic.  Because once I got going, I drug out the paints and went crazy.  Numerous projects began to follow.

And then, since I had already drug out the paints, well, I just decide to make a card (upper left corner).  This really is a lovely technique, and it lends itself well, not just to journal pages, but to cards, layouts, etc.   By then, I was on a roll, and ended up digging into my canvas stash as well.


So see, creativity, like any muscle, once stretched, who knows what one can do.  Wiggle your eyebrows here.

9 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of your work! I think they would make beautiful cards!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is beautiful! Your creative muse is treating you kindly lately. I've enjoyed perusing your posts - don't squelch the muse and keep creating beauty! As for Petticoats, the show was a blast and we did quite well! Thanks for your kind words. My purpose was to liquidate and then retire that sort of thing, however Tori loved it and can't wait to do it again. Told her we'd have to raise the bar and go all out if we want to keep up with shows. Perhaps y'all will coordinate another? Seems Waxahachie Chautauqua was a great venue? Take care and keep in touch! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Cindy! Love the "Dare To Be Remarkable"! Are these going in your shop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! Yes, I hope to get the little paintings in my shop by the end of this coming week! Thanks all for the kind words!

    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i found your work on pintrest and i thought they were beautiful. do you just rip pages out of diaries and then collage and paint them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ST. Thank you for the kind words. On the calendar journal, I've just been leaving those attached in the book. But there are some pages that I paint individually on water color paper, and then attach those to the pages in another notebook. So It just depends on which book I'm working in. But most, I leave in the original book.

      -yapping cat

      Delete
    2. Hi ST. Thank you for the kind words. On the calendar journal, I've just been leaving those attached in the book. But there are some pages that I paint individually on water color paper, and then attach those to the pages in another notebook. So It just depends on which book I'm working in. But most, I leave in the original book.

      -yapping cat

      Delete

Thanks for taking a peep at my blog!