Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Decor the Home Made Way!




I'm getting a few props ready for my "Something Wicked".  I was able to find these great frames at Dollar Tree...for a dollar.  I love Dollar Tree.

After copying an old photo and an old book page, I aged each of the pages with a little Distress Ink. (vintage photo).  I rubbed out the eyes of the family with a little bit of sand paper (very gently).


While the frames where empty, I sponged on a little brown acrylic paint here and there.  Then a little bit of cream.  Then I gently sanded here and there.  I put the pictures into the frames, closed the backs up.  I spritzed LIGHTLY with Walnut Ink and then dried that with my heat gun.

The Walnut INK, just wants to sit on top of the glass and wood, but if you gently blot with tissue and then dry with the heat gun, it will slowly adhere.  It does seem to remain a bit tacky, so be mindful of putting your finished piece where it might come in contact with furniture or fabric.

But for a Halloween prop, with no one touching it, I think it will do quiet nicely.


I'll show you the completed "scary" display later.  For more posts, check me out, over at Paper Cowgirl.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, you are such an inspiration. Now I'm following both of your blogs . . . I just can't get enough of a good thing.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww Connie, thank you! You are being far to kind and I really appreciate the sweet comments.

    xo
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peep at my blog!